Massachusetts Contempt Enforcement of Court Orders Lawyer

At the Law Office of Valerie A. Ross in Reading, we bring more than 25 years of experience to people throughout the Greater Boston area who are involved in a contempt proceeding regarding the enforcement of a divorce judgment. We place a high priority on personal service, taking the time to listen carefully so that we can identify all the options to meet your goals.

We represent either side in contempt proceedings when there are allegations that one of the parties to a divorce is not following the terms of a court order. This can include:

  • Failure to pay child support
  • Failure to pay alimony
  • Withholding visitation rights

Ex-spouse Not in Compliance with Divorce Judgement

If you believe your ex-spouse is not in compliance with the terms of your divorce judgment, you need to take prompt action. An experienced attorney will help you ensure that the terms of the divorce judgment are complied with so you can get back on track as quickly as possible.

If you need assistance getting your ex-spouse to comply with a child custody or support order, we will prepare all the necessary documentation to petition the court to take action, and will represent you at all hearings or proceedings throughout the process. We will also seek attorney fees when appropriate.

Having Trouble Complying with the Divorce Judgement

If you have been accused of violating the court order, we will work closely with you to identify and raise any valid defense, such as the loss of a job or an injury/illness. We will also work to negotiate a resolution that will minimize the consequences — working to avoid wage garnishments or incarceration, if possible.

Family Law Attorney

To discuss the enforcement of a court order in a divorce proceeding, contact us or call us at: 781-942-0002. We serve clients across Eastern Massachusetts, including Woburn, Cambridge and Salem.